Extensive Fit-Out & Conversion of Derelict Mansion to Provide Assisted Living in Guildford
Jennor UK Limited were delighted to secure this prestigious project for Gleeds and their ultimate client, the ‘Voyage Care Group’ as it was the latest in a succession of various other rewarding projects that Jennor have been fortunate enough to be involved with.
Overall cost: £2,240,000
Location: Guildford - Surrey
This project left us with the daunting prospect of converting and part derelict ‘Mansion House’ into a state-of-the-art ‘Brain Injury and (Assisted Living) Rehabilitation Unit’ at Hinehead, some 15 miles south of Guildford in Surrey.
Along with the numerous Communal areas, this fantastic new facility includes ten ensuite bedrooms, four one-bedroom transitional living flats and eight Supported Living sole occupancy apartments.
Listed below are number of the work/trade streams provided at Acorn House although this is by no means exhaustive!
Jennor UK’s work consisted of the following :-
- Extensively strip-out the whole building including the W.C. block, Floor Coverings, Wall finishes, Doors and Casings, miscellaneous Joinery, Loft Hatches, Internal Walls, Kitchens, Stairs, Windows, all Electrics, Boilers and Radiators and original Fireplaces, hearths and tiled surrounds, back to the bare shell.
- Install new Lintels.
- Repair internal Walls.
- Install new Fire rated Walls to new appointed Bedrooms.
- Construct new Stairs from first to second floor c/w DDA compliant timber handrails.
- Install new Lift Shaft.
- Installation of Unistrut beam above the joists to allow installation of ceiling track system to facilitate the installation of Hoist system to each Bedroom.
- Install various types of Casoline MF suspended ceiling system with Gypframe GAH2 Acoustic Hangers.
- Construction of a Fire-rated riser cupboard.
- Full new Joinery package inc. Floorboard Repairs and the renewal of Specialist Doors, Casings, Skirts, Arc’s and Ironmongery sets.
- Installation of new Timber Window Casements to match the originals.
- Installation of new W.C. Block and Shower Rooms to each Apartment.
- The full fit-out of each Apartment including Kitchens (and White Goods) c/w height adjustable worktops as per DDA Requirements.
- Firs Stopping Works.
- Full and extensive M. + E. Package.
- Installation of new Surface Temperature Heating System throughout.
- Supply and Installation of various type of Floor Coverings throughout the premises.
- Full internal and external Redecoration package.
- Renew a selection of damaged/broken Roof & Hanging Tiles.
- Various Chimney & Brickwork Repairs.
- The reinstatement of all original road markings and parking bays.
- Final Sparkle Clean ready for grand opening.
A stunning transformation of a dilapidated old ‘Mansion House’ into a world class (Assisted Living) care facility that will benefit local families for generations to come.
The current ‘Chancellor of the Exchequer’, Jeremy Hunt, was on hand to ‘Cut the Ribbon’ at the official opening of this incredible medical unit.
Jennor UK Limited have been asked to Tender similar works around the country for this Client as a direct result of this highly rewarding and successful delivery.