Extensive Refurbishment / Remodelling of Care Facility in Nottinghamshire
Overall cost: £365,000
Location: Retford, Nottinghamshire
Yet another project to add to our ever expanding Voyage care portfolio, this one was our fourth in the past couple of years, Jennor UK are also incidentally ‘live’ on another project in Guildford worth circa. £2’000’000 for this highly prestigious client.
This project, in Retford, Nottinghamshire, was for the full refurbishment of an old Mansion House, that through the years, had fallen into disrepair and was in serious need of refreshment and a remodelling to enable the team there to continue to care for the most vulnerable people in our society.
Jennor UK were tasked with the following works:-
- Complete strip-out of all existing services.
- Extensive Strip-out including demolishing a number of non load baring internal walls and disposing of resultant materials, making good to remaining wall surface to be smooth and flush with no edges.
- Careful removal of laundry units and storage on site for reuse prior to removal of unnecessary units.
- Careful removal and disposal of all existing sanitary ware & ceramic tiling to all existing Shower Rooms, making good all old remaining surfaces and capping off any redundant plumbing.
- Box out all exposed pipework.
- Strip out and dispose of all existing kitchen units, sink and built in appliances Kitchens, followed by general making good to receive new fixtures and fittings.
- Removal of stair lift and making good to all penetrations ready to receive redecoration.
- Removal of all existing floorcoverings throughout the premises and prepare to receive new.
- Removal of any existing wallpaper throughout and make good ready for redecoration.
- Carefully remove and dispose of all internal existing doors and frames throughout the property, making good surfaces ready to receive new fire rated door sets.
- Remove and dispose of all existing LST radiator covers to receive new Contour LST covers with lockable fronts.
- Provide and install new fire rated door sets including all required joinery, signage and ironmongery.
- Removal and replacement of all internal lighting to achieve appropriate lux levels and suitability.
- Removal and replacement of all small power face plates with new matching accessories.
- Carefully remove and dispose of redundant wiring, fixtures, alarms etc. and make good surfaces ready to receive decoration.
- Replace broken glazed pane above door to WC to match existing glazing.
- Removal of existing fireplace surrounds and make good to retained surfaces ready for decoration.
- Introduction of tiling to back surface of fireplace opening and introduction of Led feature lighting to fireplace.
- Creation of a number of new Ensuites within bedrooms and the supply and installation of new shower systems and new sanitary and sundry fittings c/w adaptation to achieve DDA compliance.
- Supply and installation of a number of new ‘Howdens’ Kitchens.
- Removal and disposal of all redundant light fittings and replacement with various new lighting elements throughout the property.
- Minor repairs to brickwork walls & various areas of repointing.
- Careful removal and disposal of all fitted units from the Medical Store.
- Fire strategy works including emergency lighting, signage, detection, panels and sounding equipment including all necessary adaptation to existing systems.
- Creation of Store Rooms.
- Repointing of defective mortar joints to external walls, allowing for approximately 80m2 and 4 l/m of Heli bars to reinforcing cracks.
- Cut back ivy to external walls to front and east elevations and apply weed killer/suppressant, allowing for localised repointing to affected areas.
- Replace 2 nr. Rooflights to main building roof with failed glazing units.
- Clean out existing gutters at high level
- Clean fascia and soffit and redecorate
- Install 300mm of mineral wool insulation to main building roof 30m2.
- Provide and fix rigid board insulation to partitions in roof voids 30m2.
- Treat, prime and recoat corroded cast iron rainwater goods to the main building.
- Carry out CCTV survey and jet clean underground drainage system.
- Adaptation to Nurse call system.
- Upgrade to thermostats and boiler controls to increase system efficiency.
- Full Decoration.
The below and after photographs from this project are ‘night and day’ and it’s difficult to equate them as being the same location …. yet again, Jennor UK have delivered a first class hygienic Fit Out ready to welcome in new patients.
Building on this blossoming relationship, we hope to be of service to Voyagecare and Aspect 4 for many more projects to come and thank them wholeheartedly for their continued support.